And He said to them, "It is written,'My house shall be called a house of prayer,’…”
Matthew 21:13 NKJV

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hungry for More?


Kelly Franklin
Freedom Christian Center

I have been thinking about the verse in Matthew 5:6, that says "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." I have often felt the need for God’s filling in the midst of my daily activities. I am sure you have experienced this too. Yet, I have not always positioned myself to sit at His table and be filled. Why?

If I am honest with myself, I have not been hungry―really hungry to know God! Yes, I know about him, but I do not have that insatiable hunger for ALL the things of God. If I were truly hungry, I would desperately seek to find the food I am in need of. God’s word is clear, if I choose to hunger and thirst after Him, he will fill me. It is a promise, a reward to me for seeking Him. He is a good Father, a Father who wants to bless his children and meet their needs. He wants to meet your needs! He wants to fill you and fill me. Luke 1:53 says, “He has filled the hungry with good things.” He desires to meet us where we are and fill us up. All we have to do is position ourselves at His table with an appetite and expectancy to receive from Him. It seems so simple, doesn’t it?

So, how hungry are you? Do you want to be filled? God desires to fill you up, full and overflowing. The choice is yours.

Isaiah 55:11 “Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters.”

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about that Saturday as I sat and studied I was constantly physically hungry and kept raiding the pantry. I stopped and thought how that would look spiritually and desire it to be like that. In my current season I really desire that balance yet I feel I never obtain it.....Thanks for sharing the scriptures :)

    ReplyDelete