And He said to them, "It is written,'My house shall be called a house of prayer,’…”
Matthew 21:13 NKJV

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Despise Not

Tim Franklin, Freedom Christian Center, March 18, 2010


I Thessalonians 5:20 "Do not despise prophecies. " (NKJV)


  • A simple definition of prophecy is: God communicating His thoughts, His will and His intentions for his people. What an honor! God speaking to us! David said of His voice, Psalms 29:9 "The voice of the Lord makes the deer give birth, And strips the forests bare; And in His temple everyone says, "Glory!""(NKJV) Oh, the awesomeness of His voice! It shatters the cedars of Lebanon, twists the mighty oaks, and yet in the stillness causes the deer to give birth. How majestic and splendid is His voice and He speaks to us!

    I want to remind the MyHOP community of a prophetic word that came at our last gathering. “My unction and my power in the Spirit is increased in you tonight!” For those who were there and heard this word, and those who are reading this today: What was/will be your response to His voice?

    I Thessalonians 5:20 exhorts us to not despise the prophecies. The word ‘despise’ in this verse means: to make of no account, to reject, to cast aside. The Amplified Bible says, “Do not spurn the gifts and utterances of the prophets [do not depreciate prophetic revelations nor despise inspired instruction or exhortation or warning].” If we heard and are not responding to that word we have despised it. The reality is, if we have not believed or prayed into this word beyond that evening we have cast it aside and made it of no account!

    Now for the good news, if you have fallen into the ‘guilty’ category, don’t stay in the place of guilt. Simply say, “Forgive me Lord!” Pick the word up and with a giant “YES!” in your spirit say, “Amen! I agree!”

    God by His word desires to increase His anointing upon us. He desires to increase His power in us. The prophetic word hangs in the realm of the Spirit waiting for us to pick it up and run with it. Declare it! Believe it! Walk in it!

    Father, I thank you for increased anointing in Your House of Prayer. I thank you for increased power in Your House of Prayer. I thank you that you are strengthening the place of prayer in our lives and in our region! May your church agree and may we walk in all that you have given to us!

    If you picked this word up today let me hear from you.

    Ps. Don’t forget our next MyHOP gathering April 2 at Freedom Christian Center. It will be a healing service!

1 comment:

  1. I do pick up this WORD! This bears major witness with me, I just read Psalm 29 before reading your blog! Perfect confirmation to me that God is kicking up the volume and increasing the hearer's ear. I thank God for His voice, the most beautiful and precious sound.

    ReplyDelete